Last week, Google shook the SEO and Webmasters world by rolling an unconfirmed ranking update named FRED.
Google isn’t commenting about the “Fred update,” but based on various analyses, several affected websites saw a major drop of 50% – 90% in their organic traffic. One of the main things which turned out is that these sites are content driven, heavily placed with ads and focus on generating revenue rather than helping users.
With Fred update rolling and hitting hard, these sites saw an overnight decline of 90% in their Google organic traffic, which is said to be a major concern.
Here are some example sites that were affected with this new update and shared their status publicly.
- http://europeforvisitors.com/ via public source
- https://www.thefactsite.com/ via public source
- http://www.kyahotahai.com/ via public source
- http://www.irmoviedl.ir/ via public source
- https://thetechterminus.com/ via public source
Let’s see what’s coming up next!